cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection backup failed

Ren Stark
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Unity connection DRF backup is failing frequently. Especially for CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1.

All the other parameters are backup successfully. 

Error : says Please free some disk space or check network connectivity. But I don't this either of these are an issue.

I am using FreeSSHd sftp tool to run the backup. Can any one help ho to fix this issue?

6 Replies 6

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
can you try using any other SFTP servers for backup and see if you face the same issue ?

HTH
Rajan

What are the recommended sftp tools for DRS backup?

Also please clarify, is it required to configure the backup on the secondary CUC node also? ( There are two nodes on the CUC cluster)

I know the backup is configured only on the CUCM pub.. This takes all the backup nodes on the CUCM cluster.

How about CUC cluster?

Cisco recommends using the below SFTP servers:

Open SSH
Cygwin
Titan

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100_chapter_01.html#CUCM_CN_SEC61863_00

I have personally used Solarwinds for multiple customers and found it to be good. It is advisable to backup both Pub and Sub as it will be easy to restore in case of any disaster.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Thanks for your email. Is Solarwinds can be downloadable free?

Please share the guide or procedure to configure Solarwinds as SFTP server for CUCM

yes its free. You can register and download it on their website. COnfiguration is pretty simple. you just need to configure an user and select the folder to save the files.

HTH
Rajan

Thanks .. I am following the below link to setup Solarwinds

https://www.uccollaborationgeek.com/sftp-server-for-cucm-drf-backup/

But getting the below error when configure cucm

Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct.

What could be wrong?