Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Voice Flex 3.0 Question

jsarkis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team, 

I have a few questions regarding Cisco Flex 3.0. 

Is High Availability  available for on On-Prem CUCM solution on Flex 3.0? 

I have a customer who is currently on a ECMU service level SWSS Smart net contract and there contract is about to expire and they are wanting to go to Flex 3.0. Does Cisco have a migration tool/path that can be followed for this conversion? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The cluster function is native to CM, it’s not related to any licensing model. On your second question, there is no migration as such, it’s just how licenses are ordered and delivered. Possibly you’ll get new content in your smart account, there’s not much more to it. As your upgrading from a none SL, Smart Licensing, version to a version that requires SL it would involve working with global licensing support, GLO in short to have them transfer whatever licenses you have now into the smart account used for SL.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If you refer to a CM cluster by high availability then yes that is included. On your other question I’m not sure exactly what your asking about. Would you please mind to elaborate a little?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you clearing up the HA question for me. Does that service come with it if they purchase the Enterprise model in Flex 3.0? 

Regarding my 2nd question. I have a customer who is currently on CUCM 10.x version and there current Smartnet contract is up for renewal. They are wanting to go with Flex Collab 3.0. The question I have is does Cisco have a tool or document that walks you through the migration process. 

They have 134 Enhanced user licenses with 121 Unity Connection licenses and 200 Jabber licenses. There current licenses are all out of whack. In my mind I can just quote them A-FLEX-EAPL which is the On Prem Enterprise agreement along with the Unity and jabber add-ons and I should be fine. 

I understand Felx 3.0 Collab but I am confused on a migration from the old license structure to Cisco Flex 3.0. 

The cluster function is native to CM, it’s not related to any licensing model. On your second question, there is no migration as such, it’s just how licenses are ordered and delivered. Possibly you’ll get new content in your smart account, there’s not much more to it. As your upgrading from a none SL, Smart Licensing, version to a version that requires SL it would involve working with global licensing support, GLO in short to have them transfer whatever licenses you have now into the smart account used for SL.

Response Signature

@jsarkis wrote:

Thank you clearing up the HA question for me. Does that service come with it if they purchase the Enterprise model in Flex 3.0? 

Starting way back with CUCM 9 there's no licence for an actual CUCM server, so the high availability in terms of Publisher / Subscriber / Backup Subscriber / Yet More Subscribers is completely independent of how your licences are delivered. Licences are only consumed by users and devices.

They have 134 Enhanced user licenses with 121 Unity Connection licenses and 200 Jabber licenses. There current licenses are all out of whack. In my mind I can just quote them A-FLEX-EAPL which is the On Prem Enterprise agreement along with the Unity and jabber add-ons and I should be fine. 

I understand Felx 3.0 Collab but I am confused on a migration from the old license structure to Cisco Flex 3.0. 

Do you have access to CCW?  From memory Flex 3 EA has a minimum of 250 Knowledge Workers.  Below that you'd need to go to named user.

Flex-3 will give you new licences, with end dates corresponding to your Flex subscription term.  Last time I looked only versions 12/14 or 11 can be ordered just now, 11 will obviously be delivered as on-premise licences to be loaded into PLM, 12/14 will go into your Smart Account.  If 11.x is still orderable, you won't be able to order a subscription that runs beyond EOL for 11.x

If you can upgrade your customer to 12.5 while his SWSS is still current he will receive perpetual 12.x licences.  Alternatively leave him running 10.x until his contract is migrated onto Flex, then when you upgrade him the new Flex licences are sitting ready and waiting in the SA.