Views
Helpful
Replies

Common voicemail for group of extension

Dhirendrakumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I am very new in CISCO. Might be this question is simple for you guys but I have not option J

I want to create a group for extension A, B,C,D such that when someone calling to extension A and if call is not answered by A it should be transferred to B and on the same way up to D.

And if D is not answering then it should be directed to VM for accept the message and that message can be access by any one of A,B, C, D.

Similarly this scenario will repeat for B, C & D as well    

I am using CUCM 11.5 and CUC 11.5

Will appreciate quick response ..

Thanks everyone in advance !!!

5 Replies 5

Dhirendrakumar
Level 1
Level 1

Waiting for the solution

@Dhirendrakumar wrote:

Hey All,

I am very new in CISCO. Might be this question is simple for you guys but I have not option J

I want to create a group for extension A, B,C,D such that when someone calling to extension A and if call is not answered by A it should be transferred to B and on the same way up to D.

And if D is not answering then it should be directed to VM for accept the message and that message can be access by any one of A,B, C, D.

Similarly this scenario will repeat for B, C & D as well    

I am using CUCM 11.5 and CUC 11.5

Will appreciate quick response ..

Thanks everyone in advance !!!

Hello 

You can achieve this with two options with hunt group and group mail box.

Or simply you can put DN B in call forward no answer or busy of DN A similarly DN C in call forward no answer or busy of DN B and DN D in call forward no answer or busy of DN B and in DN B forward to group mail box which can be accessed via all.

If you search group mail box you will find many links to configure it on CUC.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable..

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Do you need this only when extension A is dialed originally or also when extensions B, C, and D are dialed?

Your options on CUCM routing side:

1. Hunt group(s)

2. Shared line between all phone, i.e. extension E on all phones, in case you just need a common number users are dialing to reach these people

3. Pickup groups with notification, so people can answer other people's calls

The best option depends on answer to the above question, and over all requirements.

As to Unity voicemail, you can create a common mailbox and give appears of that voicemail box to all phones by adding another line on their phones, for shared line you would already have it. 

The requirement is whenever call will come to any one of the extension from
A B C & D. And if that guy failed to attend the call then it should
transfer to the others. In the last when no one attended then it should go
to VM and that VM can be accessed by A B C D.

1. Hunt Group :- They don't want any extra number

2. Pickup group:- I don't know if we can configure VM for pickup group 🤔

Well, the issue here is going to be if you forward the extensions to other extensions you will end up with infinite loop and calls never will go to voicemail.  For example if A is forwarded to B, then to C and then to D, and then D is forwarded back to A, you can see the issue.

If these are known numbers that folks dial and you don't want to advertise new numbers, then you could remove these DNs from phones, replace them with other "internal" numbers and assign the original numbers to hunt pilots that hunt through these new extensions.  

I think the best option might be to just add all 4 extensions onto every phone, so User A would have extension A on line 1, B on line 2, and so forth.  This way they can answer everyone's calls.  Or you can setup BLF with pickup if you dont want to do shared lines. Then you would have a single mailbox defined with extension A and extensions B, C, D setup as alternate extensions so each user can get the the messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: