cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conductor migration from to VCS and CUCM?

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a customer that want to migrate thier video estate from VCS 8.5 to CUCM 10.5.  This will happen over some time as they slowly replace legacy endpoints that are only supported on VCS.  They currently have conductor cluster controlling several telepresence servers.  During the migration, would it be possible to have two call control platforms talking to conductor at the same time?

i.e. The VCS connected via B2BUA AND the CUCM as a sip trunk running together

Does anyone know if this is a tested/supported migration senario? 

Thanks for your help

Gurp

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gurp,

This should be supported. Please check page 26 onwards of the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/solutions/optconf/config-guide/Optimized-Conferencing-for-Cisco-Unified-CM-and-Cisco-VCS-Solution-Guide-R3.pdf

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish, the document demonstrates the VCS and CUCM centric methods.  These are already understood.  My question was as to whether both models can co-exist on the same conductor.  I hope to try this next week and if anyone's interested I will feedback my findings.

Gurp,

Did you ever get a response on this?  We will have a period of time that we will have legacy Polycom HDX's installed.  We are trying to get TMS working with both items registered to CUCM and VCS, is this possible?

Thanks,

Joe