Configure Default Locations in IM and Presence

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

IM and Presence: 10.5(2)

CUCM: 10.5(2)

Jabber: 12.0

Is there a way to configure locations in IM and Presence, where you can pre-configure locations for Jabber clients.

It looks like from a few things I read that location is discovered by using the MAC Address of the connected Gateway (*or with a combination of MAC and Subnet). So is there anyway on the Server side to pre-configure these locations so the Jabber clients get the location from the Server automatically, instead of manually having to enter it?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way to do that

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Jabber_FAQ#Can_I_pre-configure_the_locations_in_version_10.6.2B.3F.3F

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime!

So it sounds like there is a request to have that as a possibility in the future..?

-Matt

Did you look at the status of that request?

HTH

java

I did, but there really isn't much useful information in there. Status just says "Terminated"... I guess that means they're not going to add that feature. Thanks anyway.

-Matt

Correct, it was investigated at some point in time, but since it was terminated, that means the product team decided not to look further into it.

HTH

java

Gotcha, thanks Jaime.

-Matt
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: