cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection Message Shuttle tool - Working with NAT ?

matrober
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

Nearly all is in the title : can someone confirm whether Connection Message Shuttle is supporting NAT between the application and the server ?

I'm asking because it's a must in my current migration scenario:

SourceUCNX <-----(nat)----> MessageShuttle <---(nat)----> DestUCNX

(knowing that the 2 UCNX servers do have the same real IP, but 2 different NATted IP (of course :) )

Also, I understand that the MessageShuttle is really in the middle of the copy process, which means that it receives the copy of the voicemail file from the source UCNX locally to copy it afterward to the Destination UCNX. The tool is not "pushing" instruction for a direct copy between the servers. Am I correct ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kd Rgds,

Matthieu

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Message Shuttle uses IMAP to pull messages out of the source and sends the message via SMTP to the target server's pickup folder - so just like any other message showing up via SMTP (i.e. in a networked setup of Connections messages get copied around like this).  So nothing proprietary at all, just straight up message copies.  It never touches state on the source messages or removes them.

I can't speak to your NAT question - Message Shuttle is merely attaching to the servers via the ports specified to the source and target server - it has no logic for handling any address translations or the like - making sure it can connect to both servers is up to you - it'll certainly complain to you if it can't open the appropriate ports and do what it needs to do so you'll know you have a problem before you get started.