Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory issues on 8841 series phones

a.pednekar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have a CallManager 11 set up which has a external application to that is using Perl to server the corporate directory for IP Phones. This is working fine on the 79XX series phones but when i access the directory from a 8841 it displays the XML cod on the phone display instead of the search parameters.

I tried to upgrade the firmware of the phone from sip88xx.10-3-1-20 to sip88xx.11-0-1-11 but still the same issue. From the IIS logs of the server that hosts the application it seems that the files are served and no errors are encountered. Also from the phone console logs I do not see any error.

Has anyone encountered this behavior before? or can you help guide me what more i can check or try to fix this one?

Thanks

Regards

Alok

5 Replies 5

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try validation of XML file or compare working and non-working HTTP events in packet captures.

Open TAC case to investigate this issue.

Hi Mohammed Khan,

Thanks for your reply, TAC would be my last resort for now. Will check on the packet captures may be tomorrow since I do not have access to the customer set up now.

Regards

Alok

Safdar Azizi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Please try putting directory manually on phone device web  page as below

path:CUCM admin>>Device >>Phone >>External Data Locations Information (Leave blank to use default)>>Directory

http://<CUCM IP Address>:8080/ccmip/xmldirectory.jsp 

Please rate if it helps.

Best wishes,
Safdar

Hey I tried this one but it does not help too.

The customer is using a external script to lookup contacts from the AD. I am currently working with TAC to help identify if this can be resolved.

Will update the post later

hey
have you solved the problem?