cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create global contact list in CUPS 8.5.4

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

We're just bringing up a new CUPS server running 8.5.4 to replace an Openfire server.  I cannot find a way to create a default contact list that will push from the server down the CUPC clients.  All of my searching doesn't reveal many answers, most deal with version 7 and they say you can't do it.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that version 8.5 of an enterprise application like this one can't create and push down contact lists to all its clients.  Can anyone give me a definitive answer or workarounds?  Thanks in advance.

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a possibility to update contact list for users in CUPS 8.6 but it's still quite bacis. What I have seen so far you can not create a default list that all users will get.

You need to create a textfile that looks as following

User ID,User Domain,Contact ID,Contact Domain,Nickname,Group Name

userA,example.com,userB,example.com,buddyB,General

So with this you specify in the list what users that will get their contact lists updated and you can only add other CUP users, no possibility to add external contacts. We are using CUPC both for chat but also as softphone and a lot of users adds external contacts just to be able do dial them by clicking on the contact.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody else run into this scenario?

There is a possibility to update contact list for users in CUPS 8.6 but it's still quite bacis. What I have seen so far you can not create a default list that all users will get.

You need to create a textfile that looks as following

User ID,User Domain,Contact ID,Contact Domain,Nickname,Group Name

userA,example.com,userB,example.com,buddyB,General

So with this you specify in the list what users that will get their contact lists updated and you can only add other CUP users, no possibility to add external contacts. We are using CUPC both for chat but also as softphone and a lot of users adds external contacts just to be able do dial them by clicking on the contact.

Excellent, thanks for the post!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: