Helpful
Replies

CUBAC 9.1.1.x VERSION end up client machine error while logging

csco11198172
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

User machine ends up in a error "Cannot login as the server cannot be located"

User configuration is prefect as user is able to login using different machine.

CUBAC server is reachable from user machine.

Some machine configuration or registry values are stopping us in proceeding further.

Kindly assist.

18 Replies 18

csco11198172
Level 1
Level 1

please find the error

Hi,

can u refer the link which is for version 8 but u can try restarting CTI MANAGER SERVICE ONLY

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/webattendant/100594-acerror.html

Error: Unable to connect to server

Problem

You are unable to launch the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant console, and this error message is displayed:

Unable to connect to server

Solution

Restart the Cisco CTIManager and Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher on the Cisco CallMananger server in order to resolve this problem. These services must be started from the Control Center as described in this procedure:

1. Choose Application > Cisco CallManager Serviceability > Tools > Control Center.

2. Stop and start this service

• Cisco CTIManager

• Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher

3. Open the Attendant Console application, and try to connect.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thank you for the reply, should we follow these steps if we are still able to login to CUBAC with another machine or pc.

Need your suggestion to proceed.

Regards,

Shinaj.cm

Hi Shinaj,

this means problem is related to PC on which u are trying to run Client .

Did u check for firewall/Antivirus which is blocking connectivity to Sever?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Checked the same and made sure the firewall is turned off.

No idea how to proceed.

Regards,

Shinaj.cm

Hi Shinaj,

any issue related to Licenses.How many operator licenses u have ?

what is the exact version u are using?

rgds,

aman

Hi Aman,

The system version System Version: 9.1.1.10

The number of Cisco Unified Attendant Console Sessions - 2 User License.

We made sure only one user is logged in to the AC Sessions, so what can be next action plan.

Regards,

Shinaj.cm

Hi Shinaj,

What is Windows OS u are using ? If it is compatible,we have got two options either re-install Windows or can ope TAC case.

regds,

aman

I have had that same problem and found that the Server Name in the registry had changed to blank.  I am running 9.0x.  I edited the registry and it resolved the problem for about a month.  The machine was a very old laptop and the problem came back about 6 weeks later.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and plan to replace the laptop.  The registry entry for the Server Name could be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults\Server Name or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults\Server Name.  When it happened the first time I just typed in the IP address in the Server Name entry and rebooted and it worked fine for 6 weeks.  I have only had the problem on one out of about 6 machines.

Hi All,

In the working system i checked the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults\Server Name and i made the same name in the non-working machine as well,but i never tried the ip address , so i will try it today with Ip address and i will update you.

Hi Aman,

The System is Windows 7 . 

If this does not work we need to open a TAC case, but no idea why it working for a different machine.

Regards,

Shinaj.cm

Hi All,

Why the user pc have the console login software which have Device details Tab in which we can see the Use existing device details is grayed out.

Working pc allowing us to  check mark the option.

PFA: Option pic 

Regards,

Shinaj.cm 

Hope u are not using this extension as shared line.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

User ext is not shared line. User login to pc with the same Mac address into different pc it is working. How can we make sure the issue is pc related. We raised a TAC case for the issue. Waiting to hear from them.

Regards,

Shinaj.cm

Hi Shinaj,

Is the issue resolved ?

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: