Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 9.1.2 - Change prompts language for Wizard personalization

When you first log in to your voice mail, you hear a wizard prompts to personalized and record and configure your PIN, name and message when you're not available, that prompts are in English even when the System Default Language is Spanish, is there a way to change this prompts to Spanish??

Regards,

Juan Carlos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Juan,

Please check the following, go to Cisco Unity COnnection Administration> System Settings> Advanced> Conversations> ENABLE  Apply User Accessibility Settings.

Field
Description

Apply User Accessibility Settings for Voicemail PIN Entry Conversation

When this check box is checked, Cisco Unity Connection applies  individual user accessibility settings during the PIN collection  conversation when users call from a known extension (their primary or an  alternate extension). When this check box is checked, the following  accessibility settings are applied:

• Conversation Speed
  • Conversation Volume
  • Language
  • Time to Wait for First Touchtone or Voice Command
  • Time to Wait for Additional Key Presses When Entering Names, Extensions, and PINs

When this check box is not checked, individual user accessibility  settings are not applied until after the user is authenticated by  entering the voicemail PIN.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

Let me know if this helps.

-Peck

-Rojas

-David

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Juan,

Please check the following, go to Cisco Unity COnnection Administration> System Settings> Advanced> Conversations> ENABLE  Apply User Accessibility Settings.

Field
Description

Apply User Accessibility Settings for Voicemail PIN Entry Conversation

When this check box is checked, Cisco Unity Connection applies  individual user accessibility settings during the PIN collection  conversation when users call from a known extension (their primary or an  alternate extension). When this check box is checked, the following  accessibility settings are applied:

• Conversation Speed
  • Conversation Volume
  • Language
  • Time to Wait for First Touchtone or Voice Command
  • Time to Wait for Additional Key Presses When Entering Names, Extensions, and PINs

When this check box is not checked, individual user accessibility  settings are not applied until after the user is authenticated by  entering the voicemail PIN.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

Let me know if this helps.

-Peck

-Rojas

-David

Hello David, thanks for your repply, I ENABLE  Apply User Accessibility Settings option but still prompts in english, I was wondering if change has been applied, do I have to restart any service, or complete CUC??  Do I have to do any other thing on user??

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

Juan,

Even though Spanish is set for default, test for one user setting it up to the Spanish radio Button than the default.

If this is a cluster make sure that the locale was installed on both nodes, otherwise if the calls are setup to come in the Subscriber it will still be using English.   If the locales are installed on both nodes make sure replication is working properly, run:

show cuc cluster status          and        utils dbreplication runtimestate

Let me know, i'll double check in my demo.

-dRp

Hello David, I know what was hapenning, I had enable on Class of Service both options of Allow Access to Advanced Features, which enables Voice Recognition, this menu it's in English, it seems that this promtps can not be changed.  But I prefer to disabled this Advanced Options and now the Wizard prompts are in Spanish.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: