Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Port Group

DuBu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We plan to revisit our Voice mail Port Device Pool/CM group in CUCM and port group in CUC.

Is it mandatory to have the same set of servers present in CM group for the "Voice Mail Port Device Pool" to be present the CUCM server list of the Port Group Phone Systems in Unity Connection?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don’t think it is mandatory, but it is for sure best practice.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

When you reset the port group there will be a short blip in service when the ports are reset.

On your other part of the question, why are you so adamant in perusing configuration that is not following best practices? This is likely not something that is very well known how it would operate as is an anomaly that’s not commonly done. If you really want to know I would suggest that you configure it and run through any operational tests you can come up with to see if it would have any impact.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I don’t think it is mandatory, but it is for sure best practice.

Response Signature

Hi Roger

So if i change the CUCM server list in Port group only without touching the CM group in VM port Device Pool, would it impact the VM ports in registration?  I understand I would have to reset the Port group but would that cause any outage? 

Would the mismatch in server listed in VM Device Pool and Port Group have any impact?

When you reset the port group there will be a short blip in service when the ports are reset.

On your other part of the question, why are you so adamant in perusing configuration that is not following best practices? This is likely not something that is very well known how it would operate as is an anomaly that’s not commonly done. If you really want to know I would suggest that you configure it and run through any operational tests you can come up with to see if it would have any impact.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, I understand having different servers in DP CM group and Port group is not a best practice and I personally am not in favor of that either. Anyways, it would be along post if I try to explain the reasons behind this question. For now, I will stick to what the best practice is.