Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Restore

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

We are currently running CUC 10.5.2.1209-1 on a 1000 VM, we need to upgrade because that VM doesn't support single inbox. We are moving to the 5000 user and I wanted to know once we restore from backup to the new PUB is there anything specific that I need to do in CUCM or in CUC. I just ran show version active on the current PUB and we have a Spanish COP file that I know I will need to reinstall but other than that what else is there. Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to your response and have a great day.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, if everything was working with your CUCM and your integration is working, just perform your restore and everything should work just fine. You can even increase the number of ports once you use the new 5K OVA if you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, if everything was working with your CUCM and your integration is working, just perform your restore and everything should work just fine. You can even increase the number of ports once you use the new 5K OVA if you want.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie

I checked the CUC FAQ section of your document before I posted my question but it was nothing in there on this. That document is great, my manager came to me and just out of the blue ask me was there a way to find out how many route patterns had the provide outside dial tone box checked. I ran through the document and found the CLI command and had his answer in under 5 minutes, that a lot of knowledge brother.

Eric

Overall, DRS is pretty straightforward, that's why I don't have a lot on it. Most of the times when you have problems they're not actually because of DRS, but the user not doing their homework and reading the docs (not same IP, hostname, version, wrong SFTP config, etc.), a few times the issues are on the DRS service, but usually something as easy as restarting the services will do the trick. I do have some questions on DRS for CUCM, and they use the same services in the backend, might just point to those in the CUC documentation.

Might add a question on this as you cannot adjust the vCPU to move between OVAs as other apps, and you need to do the backup/restore.

HTH

java

Thanks for the info and appreciate the help as all ways.