Helpful
Replies

CUCILync 8.5 display name Outlook addressbook

mischm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using CUCILync 8.5.

Is it possible to show at any incomming phone call when the phone number matches the phone number of a contact in the local addressbook of the Outlook the name of the user in the local addressbook instead of only the phone number?

BR

Michael

9 Replies 9

mischm
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know this problem and how to solve it?

BR

Michael

I`m sorry I just tested again and it`s already working in CUCILync 8.5

It doesn't work for me on Win 7, latest Cucimoc, Outlook 2007 and OCS 2007 R2.

Hi jbburks,

yes in CUCIMOC it also never worked at me.

But with the latest CUCILync Version 8.5(215.19809) it`s working fine with OCS 2007 R2 and Outlook 2010.

Just update your actual installed CUCIMOC with the latest CUCILync Version which is also working with OCS R2 and try it again.

BR

Michael

I have the latest version available for download 8.5(5), and it does not work for me.

OK but you still using Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook 2010, or?

Maybe the Outlook version is the problem in your case.

Can you update your Outlook / Office installation from 2007 to 2010 for testing this issue once again?

BR

Michael

Doesn't work for me on OCS 2007, Outlook 2007 and Cucilync 8.5 (229.20137). The caller id comes in on the phone properly formatted and is in +ENUM.164 format. It's stored that way in the Outlook contact, but the only caller ID that comes up is that in Active Directory.

With a lot of effort, our Cisco tech rep solved this issue.

There is a service parameter that tells what string to return if Caller ID is not available. The default is something like "Unknown Caller". For whatever reason, our Call Manager administrator had put in a service parameter to change it to "Caller ID Missing". With that, CuciLYNC doesn't look it up. Don't know why. Doesn't make sense. But once we changed that parameter back to the default, CuciLYNC is now working.

Hi

is it possible to describe exact, where to find the service parameter with the default  something like "Unknown Caller".

Unfortunately I do not find it.

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: