cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC and Codecs

chris.flint
Level 4
Level 4

Can the codec selection for CUCIMOC be specified anywhere at the client end, or is the only way through Regions and Device Pool on CUCM. (I have a client which appears to be contantly selecting G.729 when the region would  indicate it should select G.711, all other clients behave as expected).

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Typically everything is done from Regions and the Device Pool.  I cant believe the client is randomly selecting G729 when its configured for G711 at CUCM.   I would double check who and where they are calling.  Check the log files on at the client to see which codec is being negociated and go from there.

Thanks for the response, and I would agree and expect that the codec selection to be set from region/device pool, but this is not the sole behaviour experienced. Selection of the low bandwidth codec (either G.729 or iLBC) follows this particular PC/CUCIMOC client. A given user can login on any other PC/CUCIMOC clientand will negotiate G.711 (as per region/device pool), but on the PC in question the same user will negotiate the low bandwidth codec when making the same call to the same endpoint. This suggests the client config is overriding the region setting, although I cannot see where.It has been suggested that there may be a low bandwidth setting to cause this bahaviour, as on some other soft clients, but I cannot see such a setting.

have you checked your Enterprise settings for default codec. out of the

box, cucm uses g.722

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:03 AM, chris.flint <