Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucimoc

patrickyore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are installing cucimoc to integrate with our call manager and ocs r2 envirnoment. We have one issue. In the cucimoc client when we click and drag and ocs user on the call button the call fails saying no number associated with the user. Hoever if we type that ocs users number directly into cucmoc and call then the call is seccessful. There are no errors on the cucimoc client as regards ldap,phone and commuicator integration

Any ideas?

Thanks

P

13 Replies 13

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

Is that user you're trying to call in your outlook contact list or is he/she a user defined in AD? If the latter, it's worth noting that OCS will not provide a contacts number unless it is correctly formatted to the E.164 standard. Check that you have rules in OCS to normalize the number into the E.164 format.

HTH,

Jose

HI Jose,

Yes they are an AD user and yes I do have normalization rules in place. I think it might be that some wrong with the application rules in ccm i.e. If I drag a user to the call button and that users extension is listed in AD as +1234 then ccm might not like the + and cause the call to fail? Or maybe its cucimoc is not reading the numeber correctly in AD. The numbers in AD are listed as non e.164 i.e. 0035387xxxxxxx but my norm rule in ocs will norm to +35387xxxxx. I know my norm rule works because if I type the number on the moc client I see it been normalized.

Thanks

P

Well so if your normalization rules work, you should see the number (startting with +) in OCS address book. OCS will only display the number if it's correctly formatted in E.164 (+34912012000 for instance).

Now, as of CUCM 7, we do support E.164 format so that should be no problem. It looks like the problem is in the OCS conversion. Have a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/7_1/english/integrat/guide/appendixa.html

Does anyone have an alert on cucimoc (bottom right)?

When I check server status I see a notification for LDAP 'Status: Disconnected'.

The Server Address and port are correct.

I have checked the registry settings and they are correct.

Kim

Hi,

I am having the same issue as Kim.  Please see the attached file.

Because LDAP is not synchronized,  contact information is not properly updated in Office Communicator client from the Active Directory. Even I deleted and re-added the contact from the AD but of no use.

Can somebody help.

Thanks

Ramki

ramswami thanks for including the screen capture of the error.

I have tried pointing the LDAP reference to another server after a packet capture as it appeared that my PC was contacting a different server for LDAP, the disconnected state persists under 'Server Status'.

I cannot find any info on why this is.

I have checked/re-checked CUCM to make sure that it is synchronised with the LDAP server, which it is.

I am reluctant to recommend this plugin to our 2000+ users as it is a fault.

I am disappointed that the documentation does not provide a working example of the registry key settings.

Thanks for update Kim.

Did you try creating a TAC case ? I have been trying to close this issue for the last 5 days continuously with no success.

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ramki

Hi Ramki,

no as yet I have not raised a TAC case.

We are running CUCIMOC as a trial and have some limited support from Cisco. It seems that CUCIMOC is still as yet relatively new and there is not much in the working knowledge of the solution.

My first assumption was that the LDAP connection may not need to be permanently connected as is the case with CUCM which only synchronises on a scheduled basis.

I was hoping that the registry key in the .bat file;

SET POLICY_CREDENTIALS_IsLdapSynchronizedWithCucm="True"

would cause the synchronisation through CUCM, I have tried changing it to false believing that the ldap: //server:389 would do the job.

Do we ned to use the;

SET SECURITY_CertificateDirectory=""

We are not using this security method so I think it is redundant in our case and does not need to be set.

Kim

Hi Kim,

The Cisco NetPro community (http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=Unified_Communications_and_Video_discussion) is really the technical support community where this question would be better suited.  The Cisco Collaboration Community is focused on conversations, sharing, and questions around industry trends, business and IT requirements, business cases and uses, architecture, licensing, features and functions, and the like.  

However let me see if I can find someone to help you with this question.

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager

Hi Laura,

thanks for the reminder. I use the NetPro forum a lot and have found many solutions to issues with CUCM etc.

However the CUCIMOC solution knowledgbase is scant to say the least and it appears that there are other engineers in the same bracket as me.

I am looking forward to solving this issue so thanks for the heads up.

Kim

I have resoved this issue;

I ran Wireshark and captured the packets whilst MOC and CUCIMOC were connecting.

I found the LDAP requests/bind etc and saw to my horror that I had made a typo in the' LDAP_SearchBaseDN_1="DC=XXXXXXXXX,DC=gov,DC=uk, the LDAP server was sending an error after which the PC was sending an unbind request.

I also noticed that my LDAP_UserLogonDomain="XXXXXXXXX" had the same typo.

I corrected the registry entries, exited MOC, stopped the CUCIMOC and CSF processes on the PC, restarted and Voila! the irritating server status warning is now gone.

Hope this helps.

Kim.

Kim,

Great that you have solved the issue. Also check Tools -> Server Status and check the status of LDAP and Softphone server status.

Thanks
Ramki

Not sure if this has been answered but In Call Manager you can set the synchronization schedule for LDAP,  I only have it sync once a night so it always says disconnected.