cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-10.5.2- RTMT help with deciding which logs to gather

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I am struggling with trying to determine which logs to gather to determine what is happening with a couple of phones.

I have a couple of phones that were registered and now they are not registered.

While most of the phones we have are SCCP, the 2 I am looking to discover the issue are SIP phones . (not sure if that makes a difference in choosing the RTMT log ).

Seems like there is a log that shows the phones and activity and can see if a phone is trying to connect and why it can not  and I thought it would show  the reason it became unregistered.

Any other information needed from me to help point me to the right log  in RTMT ?

Really appreciate the assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You need the below logs from CUCM server.

1. Call Manager detail logs
  2. Event viewer application logs
  3. Event viewer system logs

CUCM traces get overwritten very frequently depending on your call volume, but other 2 are a dump so you should be able to find information in those.

With CUCM 10.4 you would only see SDL file, as tracing from CUCM 9.X onward in interleaving.

JB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I did choose " Cisco CallManager"  and it produced SDL and Call logs ....  the SDL ones did not help.

I looked at both the PUB & SUB of that SDL log ,and did not find anything

Hi,

You need the below logs from CUCM server.

1. Call Manager detail logs
  2. Event viewer application logs
  3. Event viewer system logs

CUCM traces get overwritten very frequently depending on your call volume, but other 2 are a dump so you should be able to find information in those.

With CUCM 10.4 you would only see SDL file, as tracing from CUCM 9.X onward in interleaving.

JB

Thanks for letting me know. I marked this as "correct"  as I wanted to know which logs to click in the tool.

The logs are proving to not be helpful , only shows the phone unregistered (reason=13) which I think it means 'timeout'.  

thanks  for your time

Reason code 13 = KeepAliveTimeout - A KeepAlive message was not received. Possible causes include device power outage, network power outage, network configuration error, network delay, packet drops, and packet corruption. It is also possible to get this error if the Unified CM node is experiencing high CPU usage. Verify that the device is powered up and operating, verify that there is network connectivity between the device and Unified CM, and verify the CPU utilization is in the safe range (you can monitor this via the CPU Pegging Alert in RTMT).

Check the link below for details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/10_x/ccmalarms1001.html

Happy to help

JB

thanks for the additional information, I will go through the items and see what I can find !