cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 ESXI Support for ESXI 7.0.3

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CUCM 11.5 SU9 and curious if we are able to upgrade our ESXI 7.0.3 or have people run into trouble? Or do we first need to upgrade to 12.5 and then upgrade ESXI 7.0.3?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would recommend you to first upgrade to the latest version of 12.5, then upgrade ESXi to the latest release of 7. I would for now stay off CM 14 as it’s not stabile enough, hopefully the eminent SU3 will tip the scale on this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Both 11.5 & 12.5 are EOL announced versions. i recommend moving  to 14.

asper the Guide max esxi supported for 11.5 is 6.7

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/older_pages/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager-older.html#v11.5

NithinEluvathingal_0-1683692945046.png

Response Signature

I would recommend you to first upgrade to the latest version of 12.5, then upgrade ESXi to the latest release of 7. I would for now stay off CM 14 as it’s not stabile enough, hopefully the eminent SU3 will tip the scale on this.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

To answer your specific question, I am aware of a customer in the past upgrading their ESXi version to something which wasn't supported with the version of CUCM they were running on and it caused some NTP issues on their cluster. Rolling back ESXi to the previous version resolved the NTP issue. That's one example I am personally aware of, but there could be plenty of others. In short, don't do it!