Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.5 - Problem after restore

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have a production environment with one publisher and two subscriber, all of these running 6.1.5 release.

All was ok until last friday, when we have tried to ugrade publisher to release 9.1.2 and it has failed.

So, we have performed a reinstallation of release 6.1.5 on publisher hw (an msc machine), and then we have performed a restore from last good backup.

After this restore, all it seems to work well, but phones registered to subscribers don't accept configuration changes.

If we made a change to a phone configuration, I can see change succesfully replicated to subscribers, but not to the phones.

If we try to reset phones that are registered to the publisher, it works.

If we try to reset phones that are registered to the subscriber, it DOESN'T works.

If we manually reset phones that are registered to the subscriber, it DOESN'T works (phones restart with old configuration).

I don't know where is the problem, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated...

Daniele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniele,

A simple cluster reboot should be good enough in this scenario as the symptoms clearly point to database replication related issue here.

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you perform a cluster reboot after the restore, it is mandatory. If the cluster reboot has already been done, please check the database replication using RTMT and see if the subscribers have any value other than 2.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish.

I've rebooted only publisher (because I've restored only that machine).

Do I need to reboot also all subscribers?

Do I need to restore also them?

Thanks.

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

A simple cluster reboot should be good enough in this scenario as the symptoms clearly point to database replication related issue here.

Manish