Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucm 8.5 PLAR takes too long to dial out

Seraph22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just configured PLAR to dials out an external number once the assigned IP phone is off hook. The phone dials out fine but the problem is that there is a long wait before it does so. From my tests when I pick up the phone I hear the dial tone for a good 10-12 seconds before the PLAR number gets dialled. I would just like to know how to change this behaviour so that it automatically dials the number the moment the phone is off hook. Listed below are the steps I used to configure PLAR

1) Create new CSS and Partition

2) Create a Translation pattern with the pattern field as blank and added the number on the called party transformation mask. with the new CSS and Partition configured on the Pattern.

3) Assigned new CSS on the IP phone.

Using CUCM 8.5

Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.       

p.s I was thinking of changing the interdigit timeout but this would affect all other phones so this is not an option.        

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, the CSS from the phone only contains the partition from the blank TP??

At line and device level?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

The CSS also contained a partition with a route pattern to dial out externally. I just figured it out, I created a route pattern specifically with the external DDI and removed the catch all route pattern from the PLAR CSS. Now the Phone automatically dials the number right after being off hook. Problem solved.