Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.1 Critical Error on Install

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to install CUCM 9.1.1 on UCS Blade (UCS B200 M2, PID: N20-B6625-1).

I keep getting Critical Error as soon as the install startes the Database installation. It is a new install and i'm using OVA template from Cisco website

critical_error.jpg

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mohammed

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to download the install log and review to get the details of what is causing it.

Chris

Make sure your you default gateway is valid and inservice.

Helio

Network and NTP configuration is correct, CUCM have correct gateway and can get to NTP server in different network.

I'm trying to get logs at the moment to review.

Thanks

Hi

Your ISO is currupt. Make the ISO image again of the CUCM.

Thank you

please rate if thi will help

Hi Mohammed,

that's a common problem of CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5 setup on Vmware: it doesn't seem to be related to some hardware incompatibility (I tried the installation on three different infrastructures, with the same error), but just a problem of this release.

The only solution I found was to install 9.1.1.10000-11 (or a previous version) and then apply the 9.1.1.20000 patch during the setup: probably you will still get a critical error, but the installation process seems to complete correctly...at least in my case.

I'm still waiting for an official answer from Cisco TAC.

Gianmaria

Hi, we have same problem here, do you have any official statement from TAC, any info on issue will be much appreciated .

John

Problem is related to the downloadable version of CUCM 9.1.1(a) setup ISO (UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso): I tried the bootable version of the same ISO (Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso) got from Cisco eDelivery Program and it worked fine.

Gianmaria

Hi  Gianmaria,

You are correct i had to install 8.6 and then Upgrade to 9.1, worked.

Thanks

Mohammed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: