Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Alert LowActivePartitionAvailableDiskSpace

john karagk
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to the community,

I am experiencing a problem with my CUCM 14.0, i see many alarms LowActivePartitionAvailableDiskSpace.

I imagine that the problem is due to the trace files that are using up too much space.

I don't want to use the RTMT to delete the trace files and I don't know which files should I delete via CLI.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to find out which files are using all the disk space?
  2. Which trace files should I delete via CLI without impacting the operation of my system?
  3. Do I have to leave the traces ON or stop them clusterwide and start them when it is needed?

2 Replies 2

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello John,

Trace files are stored in the common partition, not active. You are most likely encountering this condition https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt97709

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To free some space in the Common partition, you can try to:

Reduce the values of LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded to 40% and LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded to 45%, restart "Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool" service and after 2-3 hours check whether the used space decreased;
Use RTMT Trace/Log Central to collect logs/traces with "Delete Collected Log Files from Server" option (for active and inactive partitions);
Delete the old unused files from the TFTP server (old phone software);
Use ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.1.cop.sgn – this file runs a script that deletes all files from an inactive Common partition. After using it you won't be able to switch CUCM version to the previous one.

To reduce the partition usage, you can try to:

Deactivate Detail/Debug trace level;
Reduce the number of trace files to be stored;
For CDR: reduce the High Water Mark, reduce the occupied disk space, reduce the number of preservation days.

Pls rate if its "Helpful". If this answered your question pls click "Accept As Soulution".

Sadav Ansari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: