cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Auto Registered phones not able to reach Unity.

robert hudson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a very strange issue going on. We just deployed a UCCE build and have some phones that cannot access voicemail. The process we are using to deploy the phones is to auto register them then complete the CUCM config. Everything on the phones work correctly except for the VM. The phones and DN have been deleted and added back into the system. This did not change the status of the issue. When the VM button is hit the user gets a fast busy. When they call the pilot number directly they also get a fast busy. The phones are 7821 phones using SIP. 

At this point we are not sure what our next step should be. We ran the DNA and it said that the calls would be routed. Any ideas or tricks that I can try would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd check the VM integration and make sure it's actually properly configured and working as expected, I've done auto-reg and self-provisioning with VM, and they have worked just fine.

If you call the pilot and it fails, that clearly points to something wrong in the integration, or the VM system.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The CSS/PT is  the same as all of the other auto registered devices. We have approximately 500 devices in the CUCM cluster and only 2 of them are giving us trouble. That was what was driving us crazy trying to figure this one out. Weird thing is DNA saying to route the call to the pilot number but when you try it on the phone it is a fast busy. 

I am waiting for the maintenance contract that these devices are on to be added to my profile. Once that is added I planned on opening a TAC case. I just wanted to see if anyone else might have encountered something similiar. After we get this resolved I will update this post.

Thanks Guys,

Another things to review are Region (codec) and Location.  Check the device pool assigned to these phones to see if perhaps there is a codec constraints when connecting to Unity Connection, also make sure the Location has enough bandwidth to allow these calls.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like CSS/PT issue, make sure the phone CSS has access to the voicemail route pattern (assuming SIP integration) or Hunt pilot (if using SCCP).