Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Certificate

Daniov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After CUCM Server installed there is CA certificate which generated by default after installation named "VeriSign _Class_3_Secure_Server_CA".
This certificate issued by "VeriSign class 3 public primary certificate authority- G5".
Certificate Purpose: tomcat-trust
Certificate group: product-cpi

This certificate going to be expire on the next week.
What was this certificate generated for?
What are the implications after this certificate expires?

Thanks.
Danielo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This public cert comes pre-installed for "Call Home" feature that allows CUCM/etc to communicate with Cisco.  If you do not use Call Home feature then you do not need this cert and you can safely delete it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This public cert comes pre-installed for "Call Home" feature that allows CUCM/etc to communicate with Cisco.  If you do not use Call Home feature then you do not need this cert and you can safely delete it.

What if we do use call home? There are also a lot of public certs in UCCX too. I've never come across a document which explains what to do if they expire, but my guess would be that you up grade the system, and Cisco ships new certs (and hopefully has install scripts which delete old ones). I wonder...

We are not using Call Home; what are the steps to delete the Verisign cert? I see a delete button in the OS Admin page once I open the Verisign cert, can I just delete it and restart tomcat?