Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DRS to offline server

renovausr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I think I need some help understanding the drs process.

I have the backup sets for the cucm server.

I've set up the .ova on my vmware enviroment and proceeded to install the application with the bootable media.

However:

according to documentation I need to set the same Hostname and IP Address. 

If I isolate the new server from the production network I can set the hostname and IP the same of our server but the installation fails when setting the network / asking for a valid ntp server.

So the question is, should I connect the new server to the network and disconnect the working one or is there some obvious thing im missing. This will mean downtime on the working server...

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In an ideal situation, you create an isolated environment with the help of your Network Team for these kind of scenarios so that you can replicate everything in terms of NTP server, IP Address, Hostname etc in the lab so that there is no conflict while the production server keep running on. In case, if you are not able to arrange an isolated environment then you are left with only one option and that is to bring down the production server down and then proceed.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

How about using an IOS device to configure as a NTP server and do it that way. Just for lab, you can probably configure NTP on a Domain Controller as well and do it that way.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In an ideal situation, you create an isolated environment with the help of your Network Team for these kind of scenarios so that you can replicate everything in terms of NTP server, IP Address, Hostname etc in the lab so that there is no conflict while the production server keep running on. In case, if you are not able to arrange an isolated environment then you are left with only one option and that is to bring down the production server down and then proceed.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak, Im went with the isolated environment aproach. The only problem i'm facing is the NTP server. For some reason I can't make the installation use a ntpd linux server and as its an isolated enviroment I cant use my real server. Do you know if there is something in particular about the NTP server?

Thank you

How about using an IOS device to configure as a NTP server and do it that way. Just for lab, you can probably configure NTP on a Domain Controller as well and do it that way.

Regards

Deepak

I just cloned my DC (set the ip matching the real ntp server) on my test lab and it passed the ntp check.

Thanks for your help!!

Alex

Glad that it worked Alex and thanks for marking the Correct Answer.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: