cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM End User Administration

b-krauthamer
Level 1
Level 1

Our Helpdesk staff performs the basic functions of add/remove phones and add/remove users from CUCM.  We've just upgraded from CM 4.2 to CUCM 8.5(1).  We are using the integrated CUCM LDAP and not AD integration.  My Helpdesk users are able to use the User/Phone Add option to create a new phone and a new CUCM End User.  They are able to edit all the necessary properties of the phone and line settings.  But with their current group/role memberships they are unable to change attributes of users or to be able to delete them.  The only Role I can see to add them to that allows changes to End Users is Standard CCMADMIN Administration and the only User Group is Standard CCM Super Users.  Both of those give far more rights than I would like Helpdesk staff to have.  Am I missing something obvious to allow them to perform End User management?  Has anyone else encountered this?  Below are the groups/roles my Helpdesk staff are currently part of.  Any help would be apprecitated.

Bryan

I've added the users on our Helpdesk to the following Groups:

Standard CCM Admin Users

Standard CCM End Users

Standard CCM Phone Administration

Standard CTI Enabled

Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection

Which automatically adds them to the following Roles:

Standard CCM Admin Users

Stadard CCM End Users

Standard CCM Phone Management

Standard CCMADMIN Read Only

Standard CCMUSER Administration

Standard CTI Enabled

Standard CUReporting

Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection

4 Replies 4

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Bryan,

If I remember correctly, there isn't a pre-canned role that will allow for End User administration. I don't know why.

Your best bet is to create a custom Role and User Group. This way, you can give your Helpdesk exactly the access they need. The descriptions for the Role permissions are pretty self-explanatory, so it should be pretty easy to accomplish.

Steps:

1) create new role

2) assign permissions to the new role

3) create a new User Group

4) assign the new Role to the new User Group

5) assign the new User Group to the End/Application User accounts for the helpdesk.

This maybe helpful: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a02mla.html#wp1062944

HTH

Adam

Hi dear,

I want to grant access to our helpdesk only the right to reset PIN for users, could you please help me to do this.

I know that I have to create new roles but in the role which application resource I have to enable to give permission only to reset PIN?

Thanks

Hi,

Did you every get an answer as I have the same requirement

thanks

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/accm-802-cm/a02mla.html#wp1062944

For Step 6,

check read and update for Bulk Reset Password/PIN

For Step 7,

Ensure you add the Standard CCM Admin Users role along with the new Help Desk role you created. This role is required to access the Admin page.

You cannot go to the End User page and change passwords. Do this instead,

Go to Buk Administration > Users > Reset Password/PIN > Query > Enter the userid and proceed.

HTH

Anirudh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: