cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM not forwarding CTI called number - Subscriber Sign-in

roboliveira
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into an issue in CUCM/CUC 8.6(2a) when setting up external voicemail access.

I set up a CTI RP (Dn=2300) to forward to voicemail and set up a routing rule to send the Call

to subscriber sign in.  The call keeps going to the opening greeting.  I did a port status monitor

and I don't see the forwarding stations directory number.  Just the Unity Pilot Point number.

I just set this up in CUCM 8.6(1) and I have it working.  I mirrored the config but don't get the same results.

I'm not sure if maybe a service parameter changed or something and I am missing it.

TIA

~ Rob Oliveira ~
6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Any chance you might be seeing this behavior?

Note:

Do not use the word "Voicemail" as the Alerting Name or Display           (Internal Caller ID) for the CTI Route Point Defined. Use of the word           "Voicemail" can cause Cisco Unity to process the call as a Direct Call, instead           of processing it as a Forwarded call.

Cheers!

Rob

I actually left the CID Blank.  This is interesting though!

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

I just tested this out to be sure of the config

- new Forwarded routing rule @ 2300 to match CTI-RP

- active

- send call to Conversation-Sign In

- New routing rule condition is - Dialed number = 2300

- re-order new Forwarded routing rule to move beneath Attempt Forward

This all tests OK and when callers dial into xxx-xxx-2300 they are sent to the

Sign-In conversation to enter ID# and PIN# instead of Opening greeting

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the answers.  This was actually an issue with the SIP trunk pointing to Unity.  I did not have

Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound checked off.

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

I guess I should have asked if this was SCCP or SIP DOH!

Good troubleshooting! Glad you got it working.

Cheers!

Rob

derek.fraser
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing your findings Rob.  Your post helped me solve an issue I was having with a SIP trunk between CUCM and CUC.

Just to recap in case this post can help anyone else, if you don't check the

The problem I was facing was CFNA (internal, external, etc) from a DN in CUCM to CUC would send the caller to the Opening Greeting, instead of the voicemail box of the user, which in this case was functioning properly because Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery was not checked.

Thanks again to both Robs for your thread,

Derek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: