Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM not responding

ericw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 2811 with CME and CUE voicemail, and about 4 months ago voicemail quit working.  I've rebooted but cannot dial up the extension, no audio response.  I didn't think much of it, and we don't have the call volume where it's a big deal, but now the same thing has happened to a customer that I have inherited.  They have a bigger Cisco 2800 series router, and their voicemail is now not picking up the phone after hours when it is scheduled to, and isn't answering after the pre-set number of rings.

I'm going to this site tomorrow to pull the CUE card out and figure out the part number and go from there.  What could be wrong with these units that they just fail?  Mine has a flash card I think, but some I've seen in pictures have a hard drive.  Could that have died?  What are the common troubleshooting steps, and can I purchase a working unit from a used-hardware site to replace it?

6 Replies 6

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

The first thing I would do would be to go to the CLI of the router and verify what is happening when you session into the module. Depending on what type of CUE module you have, it could have a hard drive or it could have flash memory.  Let us know what happens when you session into the module.

service-module Integrated-service-module 1/0 session

Trying 172.16.2.1, 2066... Open

Then nothing after that.  The IP of the module is 172.16.2.2 and I can't ping it from the LAN or from the 2800 router console.

could be a problem with HDD.If covered , try raising RMA.

regds,

aman

I'm sure it's not covered.  What are my options to replace it?  Do I lose their IVR menus?

You should have backup of entire config.If HDD is gone, then , u need to re-configure.

ericw
Level 1
Level 1

I travelled to the site and shut down the router and pulled the voicemail module.  It is an NME-CUE V4 with a 120GB SATA 2.5" hard drive and a flash card.  When the router reboots, the EN light and the CF light come on, the SYS light on the card is green, but the DISK light never comes on.