Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM UNREACHABLE

Hello All,

We just moved from our old office to a new one. Since moving, my IP phones have not been able to register.

Upon further troubleshooting, I discovered that the Call Manager (Cisco MCS 7800 series) is not reachable via ping despite being powered on. I have power cycled the call manager and connected the network cable to the LAN port and it's still not reachable and my phones are not registered.

Any ideas on what could cause this ?

Also, is there a way I can console into the call manager (Cisco MCS 7800 series).

Looking forward to your assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Roger, thanks for your response.

I've been able to resolve the issue. The MCS was connected to a wrong port on the switch. 

We changed the port on the switch where it was connected and the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

By the sound of what you describe it seems like your server is not starting up after power on. Do you get any output on the console of the server?

Apart from this you do know I hope that running CM on bare metal servers is a thing that is long time past. Since many years CM and all of the other UC related systems are run as VMs in VMware. What version of CM did you run?

Response Signature

Hello Roger, thanks for your response.

I've been able to resolve the issue. The MCS was connected to a wrong port on the switch. 

We changed the port on the switch where it was connected and the issue was resolved.