cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade 11.5 to 12.5, CUC, UCCX, CER

georgehunsicker
Level 1
Level 1

Current Environment VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned

With Current

CUCM 11.5.1.1390-2

CUC 11.5.1.11900-26

CER 11.5.2.20000-6

UCCX 11.6.1.10000.51

Looks like I can upgrade CUCM to 12.5 using OS admin direct refresh?

Unity Connection to 12.5

CER to 12.5

UCCX to 12.0.

Any particular order for the various servers? Start with CUCM or CER? All would take place during several maintenance windows. Appears that everything will work regardless of the version of upgrade? Exception would be CUCM and Unity Connection maybe. Read plenty of documents. What have I missed?

Then the issue of smart licensing is this configured during the upgrade of each of these components? Appears as though I log into my account and get a token to install on each server? Is the process that simple?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mandatory reading for any upgrade:

A) Upgrade guide, or upgrade and migration guide, depending on the product

B) Release Notes

C) README from OVA

D) Compatibility doc, not applicable for all products, some do have a standalone doc, others include the info in any of the above docs.

Above will provide all the info, and will let you know which component would need to be upgraded first to maintain compatibility, as well as the procedure, pre-upgrade and post-upgrade considerations. Have you read all of the above for each product?

You want to make sure your smart licensing smart account and virtual account(s)s are ready prior to the upgrade, and choose which method you will use to license your servers. Once you've chosen which option to use, and licenses are allocated, yes, you would need to generate the token in order to license your servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

Thank you for your response.

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: