cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade From 10.5.x to 11.5.x Backup/Restore Question

pghninja
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving our 3 cluster CUCM servers from version 10.5.x to 11.5.x and have a question about backup/restore.

New VMs were created behind a NAT router so I could create fresh VMs but with the same IPs as production.  We did a DRS backup of the current 10.5.x version and then restored that backup to the new VMs (also with 10.5.x), once that was done, we did the upgrade on each of the servers.  We did NOT do a switch version.

My question is: now that version 11.5.x is installed in the inactive partition would it be possible to do a another DRS backup of production and then restore to the new VMs or would we have to run through the upgrade again?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sudheer Shenoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Corey,

As of now your 10.5.x of active partition and 11.5.x of inactive partition has same data. However if you do any changes in 10.5.x then it will not be replicated to inactive side automatically. When you do the switch version on later time, the changes will be lost.

So if you are restoring a new DRS backup from production in your new VMs then once the restore is completed, the CUCM needs to be re-upgraded to 11.5.x so that new restore get replicated in the inactive side of the CUCM 11.5.x

HTH

Sudheer Shenoy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sudheer Shenoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Corey,

As of now your 10.5.x of active partition and 11.5.x of inactive partition has same data. However if you do any changes in 10.5.x then it will not be replicated to inactive side automatically. When you do the switch version on later time, the changes will be lost.

So if you are restoring a new DRS backup from production in your new VMs then once the restore is completed, the CUCM needs to be re-upgraded to 11.5.x so that new restore get replicated in the inactive side of the CUCM 11.5.x

HTH

Sudheer Shenoy

Thanks Sudheer, that is what I thought.  Just wanted to make sure!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: