Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC 8.6.2.11 install fails

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have been running into an issue with installing CUEAC 8.6.2.11.  I am using the approved OVA template on a UCS C210.  On the server I am logged in with a local full blown administrator account.  The install goes fine without issue or error until I get to the "database wizard" portion of the install.  Once I click the next button I am met with the following error "Unable to Connect to the Server" and I am then unable to to move forward (or backwards) with the installation.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
10 Replies 10

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

As you are at the database wizard part I would assume the Unable to connect to the server message is referencing SQL.

Did SQL Express get installed with CUEAC or did you install SQL seperatly?

Maybe check the SQL Services are running.

Yes Jamie - this is the portion of the install that the actual CUEAC database mdf and ldf files get created in the DBData folder.  SQL express did get installed successfuly as part of the CUEAC installation.  The SQL server service is enabled and running.

Thanks,
Tony

OK, have you made any changes to the SQL install?

Check that SQL is setup to use SQL Authentication, you could also try resetting the sa password  - the password used by CUEAC is Z1ppyf0rever

No, it is the packaged install that comes with CUEAC.  I am also able to log into SQL using the default sa username and Z1ppyf0rever password.

Thanks,
Tony

I dont see why it would have an affect as its a local connection but have you tried turning off the firewall if it is on? or adding 1433 as an exception?

There is no firewall in place at this site and I have the default Windows firewall already turned off.

Thanks,
Tony

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Make sure that the SQL service account has rights to write to the wherever the it needs to (usually the C:\ drive).

The service account being used is the "Network Services" account which has full control of both the root of C:\ and the DBdata folder.

Thanks,
Tony

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

If I look at the DBInstallationlog.txt I see the following message everytime I click next -

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  /*******Parameter Values******/

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  Machine Name : 10.XX.XX.XX

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  Config DB Name : ATTCFG

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  Log DB Name : ATTLOG

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  User Name : sa

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  /****************************/

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  Registry Object Filled

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  System Version : 8.6.2.11

2/10/2012 11:03:59 PM  ICD Version : ICD.100

2/10/2012 11:04:04 PM  DBX Error:  Error Code:  340

Thanks,
Tony

Thank you Jamie for all of your help.  While we are still trying to figure out why this has happened, we stood up another server and the installation went fine.  I will still continue to search for the reason why the first installation failed (ASP.NET, not being installed possibly) and report back.  Many thanks!

Thanks,
Tony
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: