cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 8.6 | What is L-CUP-86-UWLA-USR used for?

DanielGoQ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about what L-CUP-86-UWLA-USR license is really used for.

I understand you need to upload that license on CUCM in order to be able to activate CUP and/or CUPC capabilities for users.

- Is this the real use for these licenses?

- Are they right to use licenses?

- Is there anywhere on CUCM I can see these particular user presence licenses installed on the server?

If I go to system -> licensing -> License Unit Report I don't see any. I do see the DLUs, the node and software version licenses but nothing about presence user capabilities.

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

- Is this the real use for these licenses?

The license that yoU use for CUPC Users is the DLUs

- Are they right to use licenses?

Use the License Unit Calculator search for Cisco Unified Presence Server End User Feature License (user licensed for CUPS ,  Cisco Unified Client Services Framework (CSF Devices).

Is there anywhere on CUCM I can see these particular user presence licenses installed on the server?

License Unit Calculator

To a better unterstanding about the CUPS licenses see this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dglic.html

Rate this if helps

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Did you ever figure out what to do with the L-CUP-86-UWLA-USR license?

I have received a PAK for these licenses but do not have any idea where they would be installed - Cisco licensing is infuriating

We're still working on this issue with TAC.

According to TAC and cisco licensing team, those PAKs should be used to generate a *.lic file to be uploaded to CUCM in order to get DLUs to activate CUP and CUPS capabilities and to create the CSF device required to use CUPS or jabber.

Unfortunately, for some reason, all of the *.lic files they sent us can't be uploaded to CUCM. We're still investigating the reason why this is happening.

Regards.

HI,

Did you get an answer on this? Got the same issue

Cheers