cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5.3 Call options Greyed out

eemge
Level 1
Level 1

Verified CSF, user associations, licensing, etc... some clients show call and call with video options yet others do not. In desk phone mode I see when my phone is off hook and can dial from keypad. Softphone mode works as well. Using CUCM embedded LDAP. Found that even though user has DN field in user populated, I must also edit the user in CUPC and add their DN. Is this normal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, but what for LDAP? Do you not have any LDAP servers configured??

If not, then what you have is expected. Searches and user data come from LDAP, if you don't configure that then you have to add contacts manually and enter numbers yourself.

I consider LDAP mandatory as it's pretty useless without it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Is is certain contacts in AD that don't show the 'call'/'call with video' buttons? It sounds like the fields may not be populated in LDAP for those users.

Are you using AD or another LDAP server?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Using CUCM directory.

Yeah, but what for LDAP? Do you not have any LDAP servers configured??

If not, then what you have is expected. Searches and user data come from LDAP, if you don't configure that then you have to add contacts manually and enter numbers yourself.

I consider LDAP mandatory as it's pretty useless without it.

Aaron

We are going to move the customer to AD. Just have pilot users now.

Hi

OK - so it should all fall into place when you get the AD connected.

One note - if you have contacts in your list, that are people in the AD, you'll probably need to delete them and then re-add once it's running to get proper information/status etc... so don't get too carried away preconfiguring users etc.!

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: