Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5.5 Outlook 2010 Click to Call

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just installed CUPC 8.5.5 and I cannot find the Click to Call button in Outlook 2010. I tried downgrading to 8.5.4 and it doesn't show any buttons or toolbar either. I am quite sure I had the Click to Call functionality in Outlook before, but I didn't use it yet.

I also have Microsoft Lync running on my PC, but I made sure to turn this off before trying the click to call feature. When I go to a contact in Outlook and select call, I see the Microsoft default dialer 'Choose new number' which is trying to use my laptop's integrated modem to call.

Is there any way to fix this? I'd like to have click to call in my Outlook.

Sincerely,

Ruud van Strijp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From CUPC release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_5/english/release/notes/cupc85.html

-------------------------------------------------------

In addition, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator cannot co-exist with Microsoft Office Communicator/Microsoft Lync.

----------------------------------------------------

Can you uninstall and try again ?

Is this outlook 32bit ot 64 bit ?

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mmoravek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Outlook uses Microsoft's TAPI to make calls. In order for outlook to be able to make any calls you usually install a TSP provider that enables outlook to dial. A Cisco TSP provider may be part of the CUPC install. Therefore I would check if the provider was installed correctly. Also the providers tend to be dependent on the OS version you have. Specially if you are running 64bit. So maybe the provider is installed but it is the incorrect version.

We have tried solving similar issues on hundreds of PCs and usually came up with a conclusion that it is quite painfull to have all PCs run a working TSP. There are issues on nearly one third of PCs.

Therefore we have created our own lightweight plugin for Outlook which does not use TSP and uses Callmanager's webdialer technology instead. Such a plugin can be installed without administrative privileges from any PC in network and be preconfigured for our environment meaning almost no IT stuff involvement. It is now part of our product suite IPPS which you can find more about here: http://www.2ring.com/ipps#features.

Best regards,

Miro Moravek

From CUPC release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_5/english/release/notes/cupc85.html

-------------------------------------------------------

In addition, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator cannot co-exist with Microsoft Office Communicator/Microsoft Lync.

----------------------------------------------------

Can you uninstall and try again ?

Is this outlook 32bit ot 64 bit ?

HTH,

Christos

Hello Christos,

Thank you for your answer. I have uninstalled Lync, and now CUPC click to call intergration works in Outlook 2010 32-bit.

Is there a way to make them coexist? I'd like to keep using Lync to chat with colleagues.

Sincerely,

Ruud van Strijp

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately no you cannot have them both on the same PC.

Regards,
Christos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: