Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC can't associate hard phones

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new deployment with CUPS 8.5 together with CUCM 8.5.  Although my CUPC can control my softphone (IP Communicator), I can't get it to control my hard phone at all.  I checked everything and not sure what else I should look:-

Say my LDAP ID is h.lee

I have setup CSF with Device Name = UPCHLEE

I have setup the Owner ID & Digest ID to both h.lee on my CSF as well as the physical phone

I have associated both CSF as well as the physical phone to my End User Account

I have added 'Standard CTI Enabled' & 'Standard CCM End User' to my End User Account

I have selected Primary Extension as x7778 on the End User Account

For both the CSF & Physical phone, i set them both as x7778, and at the bottom of the Line Settings page, I have associated my End User Account (h.lee) to both of them

I have also changed the LDAP port to 3268 on CUCM and also change the CTI request Timer to 300, but still no luck.

Would appreciated any help on this as I have spent a lot of time on this already but still no luck  ><

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok, now reading again.. sorry need more coffee..   You are doing too many things here, unless Im confused.  You should not be using CSF for your device unless you are using it as a softphone.   Start simply.  Make sure you can log into CUPC using your AD credentials. 

unassociate your CSF device and all that stuff.

associate to a hard phone to start (no IPC, it can be buggy for testing)

check the CTI status in the CUPC client and look for errors.  It could possibly be a DNS issue of CUPC trying to resolve CUCM as IP instead of DNS or vice versa.

Log files are your friend

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you run through the test on CUPS to make sure that CUCM and CUPS are playing nicely together?

Also, try this with a hardphone as well, sometimes IPC is not the best test.

Sorry, just re-read, you do not have CUPS, just registering on the CUCM cluster.   

ok, now reading again.. sorry need more coffee..   You are doing too many things here, unless Im confused.  You should not be using CSF for your device unless you are using it as a softphone.   Start simply.  Make sure you can log into CUPC using your AD credentials. 

unassociate your CSF device and all that stuff.

associate to a hard phone to start (no IPC, it can be buggy for testing)

check the CTI status in the CUPC client and look for errors.  It could possibly be a DNS issue of CUPC trying to resolve CUCM as IP instead of DNS or vice versa.

Log files are your friend