Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Client stuck on invisible/offline

Scott Brien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a CUPS integration with CUCM, however none of our CUPC can change to an online state.

when a user changes state to online the state does not change.

also presence viewer also states that other users can see the user as available until they log in and cannot see the user online the presence viewer test then says that they are unavailable.

Deskphone calling is working correctly.

Logon Server, Precense Desk Phone, Voicemail and LDAP are all connected and succesful.

connection down bottom of CUPC is connected.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

25 Replies 25

Could you attached the packet capture from client and server side?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

It seems that we are only receiving SIP NOTIFY packets intermittently.

Have you seen anything similar to this before? There is nothing in our infrastructure denying these packets.

Thanks,

Scott

The proof is very obvious -

We have server capture and client capture.  From server capture, we can see NOTIFY bening sent.  From client capture, we don't see it.

If a packet left its source but didn't arrive on destination, what could it be?

I cannot tell you where the problem is.  But I can tell you the problem is not on CUPS/CUPC. 

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Are there any specific commands on the ASA55XX series which would be dropping specific SIP packets other than security policies specifying to do this.

We have SIP inspection enabled, but no ACLS or policies specifying for this to be blocked.

Thanks,

Scott

You may try to turn off SIP Inspection on ASA.  I think it's on by default.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Please see capture files attached of CUPC changing status with notify packets being received.

status changes from away to available which switches to offline and from offline to away and so on.

Cheers,

Scott

If you looked at CUPS_CLIENT.pcap, you'll see that those NOTIFY was from the client to the server.

What we are missing is the NOTIFY from the server.

It's still the same problem as before.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Disabling the SIP inspections resolved this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Very useful.

Regards,

Scott

Note: when status change takes place packet captures are showing TCP reset packets.

Scott

sfariasfboc
Level 1
Level 1

This is happening to us also

I have unassigned users and

then reassign them and it seems to work some of the time but why they go invisible after awhile still baffles me

Has anyone seen where a users working for a week then not

Hi,

This issue was caused by SIP inspection on FWSM dropping the packets between CUPS and CUCM

Maybe try that.

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: