Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC/CUCI-LYNC not loading properly

aharon-n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

if you are running Cisco Unifiede presence client or using the cuci-lync plugin, you may encounter problem when running the application on windows OS.

to solve this you need to stop a service in your windows OS.

the service name is: "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager"

you can disable it or just change to manual start-up.

3 Replies 3

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your posting.  I attempted to reproduce this issue using Windows 7 / 32Bit and CUPC 8.5 by starting the above service ensuring the status was listed as "Started" then launching the CUPC 8.5 application.  I was successfully able to launch the CUPC application and switch to both softphone mode and deskphone mode, view presence status, pull directory info and access voicemail without issue. 

Can you please provide additional details as to what type of problem you are encountering when launching your CUPC client when the above service is running and provide complete version details including Windows OS, CUPC, CUPS, CUCI-X version info?

Cheers,

Sam Olivarri

Hi Sam

This isn't happening on every windows, my laptop (windows 7 32bit) also runs that service and I haven't ran into a problem.

But I have a customer that on more than 50% of his PCs (running Windows XP 32 bit) had that problem.

He is running CM 8.5 with CUPS 8.5.

Another customer tried to run Cuci-lync and had the same issue, the CUCI plugin didn't run until we stop that service.

Regards,

Aaron Nahshon

Cisco IPT senior engineer

Hi aharon-n,

The computers that the CUCILync crashes on, do they also have Microsoft's Forefront client installed on them?

Kind regards,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: