cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Desk Phone Control Issue

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I am struggling with getting Desk phone working.  I have done everything that is recommended except for changing the Ldap port on the CCM.  I have changed the port on the CUPS to the global catalog.  I have restarted the CTI Manager on all CCM's and I have changed the CTI Timer to 300 and restarted the services again.  I have done my best to verify that the user/phone is allowed for CTI access.  I can use the click to dial application without issue so I would expect the phone and user to be configured correctly.  Soft phone controll works with out issue.  After changing to timer I do see (on occasion) the Server Health respond that Desk Phone (CTI) is working and it has my device listed...but when I attempt to change to that device I go into disabled immediately.  If the solution is to change the CCM Ldap port what issue could that cause for my CCM users/directory listings?

TIA,

Thanks,

Joe

36 Replies 36

Yes, I understand about the GC port and LDAP.  I have a web server that has the images and I have pointed the Presence Service Paramter

to it with %%uid%%.  I can see the image in the CUCS Presence viewer but it doesn't show up in the CUPC.

Thanks,

Joe

Hmmm

If you are using AD, shouldn't you be using sAMAccountName for substitution field though? In my AD, uid is blank...

Obviously I'm assuming you're using sAMAccountName to name your pictures...

http://webserver/%%sAMAccountName%%.jpg

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I am using AD and it appears to be working fine...what I am confused about is I see the image of the user in the Presence viewer on the

CUP Server.  That tells me that the image and the users are working together.  My question is how the client pulls these images?  I get the default blank image when I attempt to call someone that has an image.  I don't see their image in the contact details either under cupc.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

Well - all I can tell you is that if I set my photo attribute to http://x.x.x.x/%%uid%%.jpeg, CUPC doesn't request anything.

If I set it to sAMAccountName, it requests jpegs for each of the people in my contact list at startup.

I can only presume that CUPS server itself is doing something a little more intelligent...

Have a look at your uid property in AD, if it's blank, then why use it?

It's in the manual:

Fetching Contact Pictures from a Web Server

You can configure a parameterized URL in the Photo field in the LDAP attribute map in Cisco Unified Presence Administration so that Cisco Unified Personal Communicator can fetch pictures from a web server instead of from the LDAP server.

Before You Begin

Use %%uid%% as the substitution string.

You can use any LDAP attribute whose query value contains a piece of data that uniquely identifies the photo of the user. For example:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/photo/std/%%uid%%.jpg

http://wwwin.cisco.com/photo/std/%%sAMAccountName%%.jpg (for ActiveDirectory)

The double percent symbols are required, and they must enclose the name of the LDAP attribute to substitute.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Again this was an oversite on my part..I was edited the Presence Server Parameter, no the LDAP attribute.  I think everyone for you help and I have rated the posts.

Thanks,

Joe

Good to hear it's all working.

Aaron

Hi there,

I have a similar issue with CUPS 8.6 and Deskphone mode usage for Jabber, I cant use my Deksphone as action takes too long and fails.

The debugs I have show directory authentication failure:

2012-06-28 13:13:56,961 WARN  [0x00001148] [src\deskphoneprovider\phonelog.cpp(38)] [csf.ecc] [prepareFor2GLogger] - ProviderOpen failed: reason: 0x8ccc0060, Directory login failed - authentication failed.

We are using AD LDS with CUCM with SSL Port 636.

How would be the best way to change this to work and which services would need to be restarted on CUCM and CUPS?