cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.6(3) - SIP PUBLISH Model

Matthew Berry
Level 1
Level 1

New install of CUPS 8.6(3) using SRV records. 

When I run System Dashboard, the error I get back is "Verify SIP Publish Model."

Failed to verify host connectivity. Please check if using DNS SRV for host cuplogin.olson.local    Please verify whether DNS SRV is enabled for this host. Its possible the connection to this host is working properly but the Troubleshooter is unable to determine connectivity because DNS SRV is enabled.

I can verify using nslookup that the SRV record points to the correct destination.  I've configured SRV cluster name as "

_cuplogin._udp.XXXX.local" and Address Resoluton Type is set to "SRV."

Any ideas?

Software version:

CUCM 8.6(2a)

CUPS 8.6(3)

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite
3 Replies 3

Hi Matthew,

Apart from the error in the troubleshooter what kind of other issues do you have?

Do you get the 'on the phone' status in CUPC everytime you go offhook and make a call ?

Thanks,

Christos

I actually opened a TAC case on this issue. It turns out that this is a cosmetic defect in 8.6(3). It should be resolved in a future release. As long as the phone presence works correctly, there is not an issue.

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:30:33 -0700

To: Matthew Berry >

Subject: - Re: CUPS 8.6(3) - SIP PUBLISH Model

Home<>

Re: CUPS 8.6(3) - SIP PUBLISH Model

created by Christos Georgiadis<> in Unified Communications Applications - View the full discussion<>

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

That's what I thought. Thanks for posting back !

Christos