Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My current UC deployment versions are:

UCM 8.5.1.12900-7

CUC 8.5.1.12900-7

CUPS 8.5.3.10000-59

CUPC 8.5.3.19248-6.2.66

CUPS and CUC are in high availability mode with cluster of 2 servers each. CUPC client (Presence, IM, VM) work when watch or connect with a colleague that is assigned to the same CUPS server. But when the colleague is aligned to the other CUPS server the features do not work.

The link to CUCM is over one Presence Gateway entry to the CUCM Pub. And the link back from CUCM is via a single SIP trunk but

with 2 peer addresses for each of the CUPS servers.

CUPS Cluster topology status is in full health and all devices can be reached via DNS hostname.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, SRV record is the recommended method for HA.  Take a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record.

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Michael, I have changed the cluster routing communication type from MDNS to router-to-router and also changed cluster id name etc The presence stuff seems to work across HA cluster now. One question I hope you could answer is around the configuration for the SIP trunk with UCM. At the moment I am pointing the CUPS Presence gateway to the UCM Pub IP address, and the SIP trunk on UCM is pointing to the Presence Pub IP address. To fully achieve HA do I need these to point to DNS SRV addresses? If so is there a guide on what the SRV record should look like? Are they A records?

Thanks

Yes, SRV record is the recommended method for HA.  Take a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record.

Michael

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: