Views
Helpful
Replies

Customerized Directory Handler Greetings

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

CCM 3.3(3)Sr4a

Unity 3.1.6 Voice mail only with exchange 5.5 on box, windows NT 4.0 PDC, BDC off boxes.

The customer wants to have the directory handler customerized greetings. I am wondering if it is possible.

Thanks,

Joe

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What, exactly, do they want to customize? This wont be TAC supported - but you can certainly edit prompts. I'd be skeptical as to the wisdom of this route - we do have pre recorded alternate prompts for different spelling instructions that you can get off www.CiscoUntiyTools.com if what they want is more specific name spelling instructions... check out the download page for this here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

I was working a issue like this, and we tried changing the greeting with the directory handler recording and that did not change anything.

Found out later, the recording (media bar) on directory handlers isn't used anywhere TAC told us. Why is this not used if it can be recorded through SA? Just curious.

that's just the voice name for the directory handler, it's not a "Greeting" like for call handlers and subscribers - it was going to be used if we allowed changing the behavior of name lookup handlers from over the phone interface (i.e. like you can with call handlers through the Greetings Administration conversation) - but this was never done so it's there but doesn't get used for anything at the moment.