aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:      CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category:    Error

Event ID:          1103

Description:      

Unity currently is unable to locate a writable Domain Controller, and Unity will not function properly under this configuration. Please re-connect the Unity server to a writable Domain Controller with the DC/GC connection manager.

0x0000054B: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

DC/GC shows 2 domains. I setup a manual DC Primary/Secondary on first domain. I don't care about 2nd Domain. How do I get rid of 2nd Domain reference as I keep getting this error message. I am using the latest DC/GC tool.

Thx

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had a similar issue a while back now.  There was a second AD domain behind a firewall that Unity did not need (nor was it allowed) access to.  However, occasionally during an import of user accounts there would be a reference to this domain in some fashion on a user object.  I would then get the same errors you see now.  I opened a TAC case and was provided some steps to modify the DC/GC Reconnect settings; however, it did not resolve the issue so I inquired about deleting the AD Domain directly within SQL.  I was told this was perfectly viable and would stop Unity from searching for the unwanted domain.  So here's what you do:

Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager > Expand Microsoft SQL Servers > Expand SQL Server Group > Expand Local

Expand Databases > Expand UnityDb > Select Tables

Highlight the ADDomain table, right click and select Open Table > Return All Rows

Select the entry for the AD Domain that Unity is not associated to and select Delete

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!