cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete old messages in 4.0(3)

bwd
Level 1
Level 1

In a VM only deployment, the subcribers can delete their messages and they are stored in a deleted item folder. How can we disable this feature? We don't want them stored in a deleted item folder, when they select delete, we want them deleted forever.

How can this be disabled?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is set on the Class of Service for subscribers - on the messages page you can check/uncheck the "Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder" option to control this.

Thanks for the reply - we found the option to turn the feature on and off.

Even with the feature not turned on, Unity still gives the option to empty deleted messages. Is there a way to not list that option when unity talks?

No... that option only dictates the behavior when you delete a message (i.e. is a copy sent to the deleted items folder or not) - it does not affect if the option to empty the deleted items folder is offered or not. There's currently no way to turn that option off.

If I cannot turn the option off can I rerecord the prompt so that the user does not hear the option? If so, what is the file name of the prompt? My customer's policy is to not save deleted items and does not want users to think that their deleted messages are sitting in a deleted items folder somewhere.

Thanks