Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Bluetooth & Wi-Fi on CUCM 11.5

spencertw
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Community,

Is there a way that I can disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on all devices I have registered on the Call Manager (such as the DX80s)? I'm currently running version 11.5. The settings under Enterprise Phone Configuration and Common Phone Profile are not pushing the Bluetooth settings out to each device even when one is overriding the other. I know I can disable these settings in the WebUI under each device but I'm hoping there's a much easier way of doing so.

TIA,

Spencer

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What do you mean “when one is overriding the other?” The hierarchy is:
1. product default behavior
2. Enterprise Phone Config
3. Common Phone Profile
4. Device Configuration
Each more granular level overrides the more generic level of the relevant override checkbox is ticked.

Jonathan,

Thank you for the reply. So let's say I'm trying to disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on all DX80s. If I make a new common phone profile and disable those settings under that profile, the box that says "Override Enterprise Settings" is checked which makes sense. If I go under phone configuration and select the new common phone profile that I created, save it, and apply the configuration; should that VTC receive the new settings? I've tried it multiple times and the VTC is still showing that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled. Is there an easier way to do this? Can I push out the Enterprise Phone Configuration instead to all devices after editing the settings? I really appreciate your time on this issue. 

V/R,

Spencer