Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder - Adding Subscriber

patrickscully
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am installing CER (8.6.1.10000-11) and have completed the Platform Configuration Wizard for the Publisher. 

I will be installing a Subscriber CER; so I logged into the Publisher CER and attempted to add the Subscriber (System --> Add Subscriber).  The Publisher Hostname is 21 characters in length; and I want also to have the Subscriber Hostname be 21 characters; but it only seems to be able to take 20.  Is 20 characters the maximum for the hostname for the Subscriber???

Also; I now want to delete the incorrectly added hostname I used for the Subscriber; but I don't see any way to do that under the System --> Add Subscriber page.

Is there some way to delete the Subscriber entry from the Publisher???

thank you.

Patrick

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

The only reference I see just talks about not using _ (underscore)

The hostname for the Emergency Responder 8.6 Publisher and Subscriber must not contain the

underscore character (_). If you have an existing Emergency Responder server with an

underscore in its hostname, change the hostname of the server before installing Emergency

Responder 8.6.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/8_6/english/administration/guide/e911inst.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob!

Strange; I can't do anything with the entry for the Subscriber - Modify or delete the Hostname.

Looks like I'll need to open a TAC case.

Patrick

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

So you can't delete the Subscriber server via the Pub admin pages? Was the Pub

rebooted before starting the Sub install?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

If you count accidently pulling the power cord on the UCS server where the CER Publisher VM is running; then YES! 

Patrick

Hi Rob,

I'd expect to be able to delete the Subscriber server from the Publisher using the System --> Add Subscriber page. Not there.

Do I do that on some other page?? 

Can't remove it under System --> Server Setting either.

Patrick

The TAC wasn't able to find any anything documented for the maximum character limit when adding the Subscriber hostname to the Publisher; but did attempt adding a Subscriber to his lab CER Publisher (8.5) and hit the same 20 character limit.

We were NOT able to delete the Subscriber hostname from the Publisher.

The only resolution we have is to rebuild the Publisher.

Patrick

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

Well..that really bites doesn't it +5 for posting back with your resolution.

Did TAC document any bugs for this behavior?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Fortunately; I've just started building it in the lab; so it's pretty easy to rebuild.

The TAC engineer was going to send an email out to the support alias to confirm the 20 character limitation and also find out why we were allowed for the pub to have 21 characters.

Pat