Views
Helpful
Replies

Enhanced&Connect / Jabber Softphone

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a challenge with the functionality between E&C and the Jabber Softphone.

When a user logs out of his Jabber Softphone, I would like to utilize the "Forward unregistered" Feature and forward to Voicemail. But as the Line is also linked to the E&C device, it does not work.

The E&C device is always registered, even if no phone number has been associated to it via Jabber Client. 

How do I get this working, so I can use the "Forward unregistered" - Feature? Is there a parameter, which let the E&C be unregistered, if if no remote number is assigned to?

Thanks for helping.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4D2F1D0_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4D2F1D0_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.pdf

Using CTI Remote Devices with the Client If a user is signed in to the client and sets a remote device as active, that device rings when the user receives incoming calls. Additionally, the client routes outgoing calls to the active device when the user is signed in. If a user is not signed in to the client, and that user receives an incoming call to the directory number, all devices set as remote destinations ring.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

okay. So if CUCM routes calls then to all devices, the "Forward Register" should work, shouldn't it?

As the user has only a softphone and the CTI RD - both are not available. However, I get an busy signal, when I call this user. If I remove the CTI RD device from the line and leave Jabber signed out. I get redirected to Voicemail.

I just would like to make sure, this works as designed. 

Thanks & Rgds