cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXI 6.5 upgrade on UCS

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

We have a couple UCS C260s we need to upgrade from ESXI 5.1 to 6.5.  We are running CUCM, CUC 10.5 and UCCX 10.6 and UCCX 11.6.  Is the ESXI upgrade straightforward or anything to be careful of?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No need to change anything on the VM, steps should be:

1. You need to shot down your guest VMs on the ESXi host you are upgrading
  2. Reboot ESXi host and boot server from ESXi 6.5 install media
  3. Upgrade ESXi
  4. Once server comes up login to vSphere and perform vmware tools upgrade on the guests
  5. Start VMs

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade is straight forward, just follow vmware guide or many videos out there.  You need to ensure all of the apps are compatible with desired ESXi, which you can check by clicking on each app here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-virtualization.html

Make sure you're eligible for ESXI license upgrade as you'll need to apply ESXi 6.X license after the upgrade.

I have CUCM 10.5(2) and UCCX 10.6 looks like both will support ESXI 6.5.  Do I just have to reboot my CUCM nodes, no OVA update or anything?  

No need to change anything on the VM, steps should be:

1. You need to shot down your guest VMs on the ESXi host you are upgrading
  2. Reboot ESXi host and boot server from ESXi 6.5 install media
  3. Upgrade ESXi
  4. Once server comes up login to vSphere and perform vmware tools upgrade on the guests
  5. Start VMs
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: