cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External calls not to going to voicemail when unanswered, forward to standard cisco greeting instead.

mfaccin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have one particular user who this effects. Everything seems to be set up correctly in the Call Manager and Unity. Internal calls DO go to voicemail, but external calls are routed to the standard cisco greeting, with no option to leave a voicemail. I have attached a screenshot of the settings, and have crossed referenced them with a known working device. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Add the persons E.164 number as an Alternate Extension within their Unity account.  Test and see if that works.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

The number of the extension in CUCM is the same at CUC?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Yes both ext are the same in each.

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

In addition to what Leonardo mentioned, you can also go into RTMT for UCxN and use the port monitor functionality.  Then place a test call to the extension in question and see how its coming into UCxN and it more than likely being modified.  Do you happen to have Alternate E.164 extensions enabled in UCM?

Thanks

tony

Thanks,
Tony

I can test that. The user does have a E.164 Alternate Number configured as well.

Add the persons E.164 number as an Alternate Extension within their Unity account.  Test and see if that works.

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thank you this worked! I added the persons E.164 number as an Alternate Extension within their Unity account, placed a test call from an outside line, and it went to their VM. 

Thank you again!

Hi,

Check this link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/e164-cucm-cuc/td-p/3381537

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: