cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding Calls to a Call Handler

trgriffin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding forwarding extensions to an information line.

I have several departments (library, hr for example) who want to forward their main number to their information lines when no one will be available to answer the phone or after they are closed.  The information line is setup in Unity as a system call handler (with it's own DID) that normally just gives information.  When I try to forward my phone to one of these and then call it, the call goes to my voice mailbox instead.

Anyone else have this issue?

Tonya

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's WAD. You would need to configure a call routing rule to handle this calls.

The other option is to change the config to use the last redirecting number but this is a global change, meaning all calls will only use the last redirecting number to determine which mailbox or CH to reach.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've found the call routing rules section in Unity.  But since I have no training on this system I can't quite figure out the logic.  Do you know of a good resource I can use?

The easiest way to get the grip of this is to use the call viewer, if Unity look in the tools depot.

If CUC you can download it from http://www.ciscounitytools.com/

Play a little bit with it and see what you get from a direct call and what from a FW call, you'll see what changed and that's exactly what you need to configure the call routing rule to match with.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: