cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GDM questions

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I need some general delivery mailbox help.

What I have now is a GDM that points to a distribution list with four members in it. When a message comes into the GDM, it is sent to each one of the members of the distribution list.

This works just fine except the GDM messages are sent to each individual person?s voice mailbox. I need to set this up so that the GDM messages are sent to one voice mail box so there is only one place to delete these messages.

I also need to have all of the people who will be checking this mailbox be notified when there is voice messages in the GDM.

Thanks in advanced for your help!!

Chris

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here is what we do:

- Create a shared inbox. This is the account that is voicemail enabled with the IP phone extension.

- Give the group Full Mailbox rights and SendAs permissions (so they have the rights to send the voice message on to another employee if needed)

- Add this inbox to each user's Outlook View (Folder List)

- Each user will be able to see a voice message arrived. If one person handles the message, the others will see action has been taken.

Works sweet - very nice way to handle Receptionist type messages. This mailbox can also be used as the 0-out operator for callers to your team.

Ginger

So when a voice message is sent to this shared inbox, it doesn't turn the MWI on?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris -

Yes, MWI is activated on the phone extension you use as the DMTFAccessId for the user when it is created/imported into Unity. If you need to light the message waiting light on multiple users' phones, you can add this extension as a second line to the users' phones. Then update the MWI lamp policy, done from within CallManager, so that the light/envelope icon is displayed on the users' second line. The default MWI lamp policy is to light only the first line on the phone.

Ginger

So if I don't have a second button available on all of the phones then I don't get MWI?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi -

Yes, that is true. You could optionally handle this a different way by setting up Message notification for the shared inbox user in Unity. You can have a phone be dialed to alert when a voice message comes into the inbox.

Ginger